High atop a snow-capped mountain, far from civilization, an obsessed scientist ponders ways to make the customer support machine better. This is Desk.com Labs. The scientist is Dr. Ryan. His obsession? Helping those that help others, help themselves. To some people Dr. Ryan may seem like just a mad scientist, but for those of us in the know, he’s our quirky buddy testing theories that are oh-so-fabulous when caught on video.
Today we’ve launched Desk.com Labs on Facebook to share Dr Ryan’s experiments with you. It’s not only a spot for you to see what might seem unimaginable in some customer support circles, but it’s also a place for you to tell us your fun ideas and comments -- and for a few lucky folks, you can win some awesome Desk.com Labs schwag and other treats like a $50 gift card for you to spend on yourself. (We think you deserve it!)
Desk.com labs is a celebration of all the amazing customer support agents who spend their days delivering happiness to customers. It’s a tribute to the awesomeness of customer support and the idea that customer support can be fun. If you’re a member of this clan, you probably spend your days figuring out how to satisfy your customer’s requests and be more efficient in your business. We created the Desk.com Labs experience for you. Enjoy it. Share it. Let us know what you want to see next. Can a free-falling lab assistant plummet thirty thousand feet while performing the near impossible task of answering cases? Can he make 30 customers insanely happy (in 39 languages)? Is that the beta version of the Desk.com for iPad app he’s using?
What’s next for the labs? Well, that’s up to Dr. Ryan. And now that this video is out, Dr. Ryan is hard at work on other wacky things to come. Like us on Facebook and stay tuned to the Desk.com Labs tab for new experiments and your chance to enjoy perks, parties and other experiences from Desk.com.
Check out the official rules Desk.com Labs Sweepstakes and enter today!
Official Sweepstakes Rules
Desk.com Desk Labs Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- TO ENTER: Enter by visiting https://apps.facebook.com/desklabs/ and clicking on the “Enter Sweepstakes” button from August 2, 2012 12:00am PT to August 31, 2012 11:59pm PT for your chance to win a Desk Labs swag bag . You may also enter by inviting friends who also enter the Sweepstakes. There is no limit on the number of times each person can enter.
- PRIZE DETAILS: The Desk Labs Swag Bag will include items equaling approximately US $100 in value and may include items such as a Desk Labs T-shirt, branded sun glasses, stickers, toy helicopter and $50 American Express gift card. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and local taxes, including sales, income and any other taxes. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be substituted for cash. The approximate retail value of each prize is US$100. The total approximate retail value of all prizes together is US$1000. The prizes are subject to availability and are subject to change. The prizes may not be transferred or assigned. No substitutions (including for cash) are permitted, except salesforce.com reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the prizes if for any reason any prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Winners may be required to supply a Social Security Number prior to the award of prize. Salesforce.com, inc. (“Sponsor”) may file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of any prize.
- AWARDING OF PRIZES: Two winners from all eligible entries will be chosen at random every week. The selection of the winners will be conducted by a representative of the salesforce.com marketing department and advised by a member of the salesforce.com legal department. Subject to these Official Rules, all prizes will be awarded. There is a limit of one prize per person. You need not be present to win. Winners will be attempted to be notified on the following days: August 9, 16, 23, 30 and September 7, 2012. Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or regular mail and may be required to sign and return an declaration of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law), and any other requested documents within the time period stipulated in the documents. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. Any notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Winners will receive their prizes within 30 days of the relevant Prize Draw closing date unless notified otherwise.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will depend on number of valid entries received.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must be a company registered in the United States, United Kingdom, or Canada (excluding Quebec) or an individual legally resident in the United States United Kingdom, or Canada (excluding Quebec) that is 18 years or older and at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence to enter. Companies and employees of salesforce.com, inc., or its subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including their immediate family and household members, are not eligible. If you enter this sweepstakes on behalf of a Company, you warrant that you are authorized to enter on its behalf. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize. Companies and individuals in Quebec, Canada are not eligible to win. Residents of Rhode Island are excluded.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Offer is void where prohibited and subject to federal, state, provincial, territorial and local laws. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law). By participating, you expressly acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Salesforce.com, inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and promotional agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, are not responsible for lost, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entries, and shall have no liability for any damage, loss or liability to any person or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or to participation in this sweepstakes. As a condition of entering this sweepstakes, participant agrees that under no circumstances will participant be entitled to any awards for any losses or damages, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential and any other damages, and waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Salesforce.com, inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should it determine in its sole discretion that the administration, security or fairness of this sweepstakes has been compromised in any way. Should the sweepstakes be terminated prior to its conclusion, all prizes not awarded may be donated to charity. Subject to applicable law, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participant agrees to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
- RELEASE: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS SALESFORCE.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY OR DEFAMATION) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (I) ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES; (II) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE; AND (III) OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we cancel, change, or suspend the Sweepstakes. Hacking is a crime. If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law and you may be prohibited from participating in any future Sweepstakes.
- LIST OF WINNERS: To request a list of winners' names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: salesforce.com, inc., Attn: Sukhjit Ghag, Desk Labs The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests must be received by September 30, 2012.
- SPONSOR CONTACT: salesforce.com, inc., The Landmark @ One Market, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA, 94105, United States. All rights reserved.