If you are a Desk.com customer, then you’re probably part of a small business and you may be wondering, how you can make the most out of attending Dreamforce?
Dreamforce is a user conference for customers of Salesforce and Desk.com. It’s where you get to meet and learn from the experts in marketing, sales, customer support, social media, and more. It’s where you get to meet your peers… and it’s also great fun. This year you will meet Richard Branson, General Colin Powell, Tony Robbins, and hear music from The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
I am happy to tell you that this year, my 4th Dreamforce, I am responsible for building a complete small business experience that includes meet-up areas, networking opportunities and of course educational sessions where industry experts, Salesforce experts, and small businesses will share how they have built success.
Desk.com and Desk.com customers will have a big presence at Dreamforce. Desk.com will be prominent in two of the Keynotes. We will be bringing some great customers on stage, including customer service heroes John Rote of Bonobos, John Pepper of Boloco and representatives from other great Desk.com customers including SmugMug, Square, and Yelp.
To maximize your visit, let me tell you about 7 great things you don’t want to miss:
1. Small & Medium Business Keynote: On Wednesday, Hilarie Koplow-McAdams, President of Commercial and Small Business Unit at salesforce.com, will help you understand how emerging businesses are using salesforce.com to fuel their growth. The session will include interviews with a select group of customers, including Buddy Valastro of Carlo’s Bakery aka CakeBoss and others.
2. Breakout Sessions: Starting on Tuesday, we have 35+ sessions specifically designed to share best practices for growing your business. Don’t miss the Wednesday afternoon Mini-Note: 4 Small Business Leaders Share More than 4 Lessons.
3. Desk.com has 12 sessions planned:
- Introduction to Desk.com: Social Customer Service for Small Business
- Social Customer Service: Best Practices for Small Business
- The Velocity of Customer Service: How Small Businesses Keep Pace with the New Social/Mobile Customer
- How Small Businesses are Beating the Competition with Customer service
- Help Your Customers Help Themselves: Hassle-Free Self-Service with Desk.com
- Desk.com 101: Create Your Customer Help Desk in an Hour. No, Really, an Hour
- Desk.com 201: Tips and Tricks for Desk.com Support Pros
- Customer Support and Beyond: What’s New & What’s Coming Up at Desk.com?
- How to Reach New Customers by Partnering with Desk.com
- How Small Businesses Are Using Social Media: Top Trends for 2013
- Small Business Marketing: The New Secrets to Success
- Sales Cloud and Desk.com: How Small Businesses Are Using Them Together to Delight Customers
4. Welcome Tour & Meet Ups: Start Dreamforce off right on Tuesday evening by meeting and networking with fellow small business attendees at the Small Business Meet-up area in the Dreamforce Plaza. Then experience a personalized welcome tour of the Cloud Expo with call-outs of the top areas, booths and must-experience Dreamforce features for small businesses.
5. Success Clinics: Sign up for free customer help. Engage in a 30-minute, 1:1 clinic with a Salesforce support expert to help you answer your top questions about using Salesforce. Register for a variety of topics ranging from Configuration and Data Management, to Sales and Marketing. Be sure to register early. Clinics fill up fast.
6. Desk.com at Service Cloud. Desk.com employees will be playing a big part! Look for the support team, sales team, marketing team, product team, and executives to be on hand and ready to wow visitors. Come meet them! The Desk teams will also be setting up face-to-face meetings with any customer who would like information or advice. If you would like to schedule a meeting, drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Desk.com has some great discounts and special values, too. The Desk.com Dreamforce discount code is: GRPDESKNDF
7. Networking and Parties: What good is Dreamforce without networking and parties? We want you to learn from others and have fun so we are offering both. Register for Dreamforce and check out the Small Business Experience Chatter Group to network with other small businesses and learn about the location and entry details for our special Small Business Party on Tuesday night.
Wow, lucky for me we have a lot of successful small businesses customers! From Desk.com’s customer list we’ll be hearing from Bonobos, Boloco, Square, Yelp, and SmugMug. There will be thousands of others who want to share their stories–and help you learn from their mistakes! I guess you know by now that my plate is full between now and September 18th. I can’t wait to hear what you think about all this new content.
If you aren’t already registered for Dreamforce, I hope you feel this content is compelling enough to attend. Once you are registered don’t miss out on the Dreamforce Chatter App. Look me up in here and let me know your thoughts or contact me on Twitter @triciagellman.