Bad customer service can be detrimental to your business. What’s considered bad service? It’s automated self-service, long wait times, poor attention, and inexperienced agents. 75% of customers believe it takes too long to reach a live person, 78% end a business relationship due to bad service, 61% of customers went to a competitor due to bad service, 50% of customer service agents fail to answer customer questions. Bad customer service costs 84 billion in the U.S. every year! On the flip side, good service is personalization, responsiveness, competency, and convenience. 9 out of 10 consumers say that they would pay more to esure a good customer experience and 70% of customers will do business with you if you resolve a complaint. You can ensure good service by hiring competent agents, being proactive about responding, providing multi-channel support and personalizing the customer experience.
Customer Service Resources
- What is Customer Service? (And why is it important?)
- 7 customer service principles that can change your business
- Awesome customer service around the U.S.
- Build your brand with customer service
- The true cost of bad customer service
- Motivate your small business customer service team for success.
- Run your small business with just a phone
Help Desk Features
- Get closer to your small business customers with sales and support in sync
- Learn how Formstack cut support costs by 60% after switching to Desk.com
- Increase customer loyalty with Desk.com’s Business Insights
- Increase customer satisfaction at your small business 34% with Desk.com
- 5 tips for choosing the right customer service technology