There are many commonly held myths about customer service:
- The first myth is that most customers complain when they encounter a problem less than 25% of customers complain when they have an issue.
- The second myth is that if a company receives more complaints, they need to spend more money to keep their customers happy. In actuality, 80% of customer service calls are no-brainers to solve and are resolved within minutes.
- Myth number three is that fewer calls means that your company is giving better service and better experience to our customers, but the reality is that very few customers complain about their issues. They will just silently stop doing business with you.
- The fourth myth is that more calls translates into lower profits. The reality is that the ROI for every additional complaint handled and resolved is at least 100% more valuable.
- And the final myth is that it’s better to invest in marketing and advertising than customer service. In actuality, it costs 5 times more to win a new customer as it does to keep an existing one.