Often, the most important thing in the customer support process can be the simplest - letting the customer know you're listening. Using the right business rules, Desk.com can accomplish a lot of work on your behalf, helping you to provide more effective and efficient service to your customers.
One of the most powerful ways to use Desk.com is to send a simple auto-reply to your customer letting them know that you received their request.
Acknowledge the email automatically!
Here are the simple steps to set up an auto-reply (we call them "auto-acknowledgments" in Desk.com):
- Log in to the Desk.com admin and visit the Auto-acknowledgement area under the email channel (you'll find this at /admin/channels/email/auto-acknowledgments under your Desk.com subdomain.)
- Create the auto-reply you'd like to send to the customer and name it "My Auto-Reply" - if you need to send more than one kind of auto-reply, just repeat this later.*
- Assuming the next step is to send this out to your customer no more than once a day - to avoid the problem of sending them multiple emails during the day if they submit multiple cases, you'll need to write an Inbound Interaction Rule to do the work.
- Set up your inbound interaction rule by navigating to the Case Management > Rules section of the Desk.com admin (you'll find this at /admin/case-management/rules), creating a new rule called "Auto-Reply", and specifying that it applies to the Email channel.
- Now set up the conditions of your new rule to check that you're responding to a new case, specify the number of hours since your last auto-acknowledgment, and add the action of sending your auto-reply.
*Customization available under Plus plan only.
Your auto-reply rule, visualized
You rule will look at lot like this:
Activate the rule and you're all set! Desk.com will now send your custom auto-reply when a customer emails you. Thanks for reading, and please let us know if you have more ideas for quick Desk.com tips at email@example.com.